|Association / Organisation||Warrior Games|
The Warrior Games is a multi-sport event for wounded, injured or ill service personnel and veterans organised by the United States Department of Defense.
Athletes in the 2020 Department of Defense (DOD) Warrior Games will represent the United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Special Operations Command. Athletes from the U.K. Armed Forces, Australian Defence Force and Canadian Armed Forces will also compete.
They will go head-to-head in 11 sports including, archery, cycling, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, track and field, and wheelchair basketball, and for the first time in Warrior Games history, indoor rowing, powerlifting, and time trial cycling.
Warrior Games is one of the main activities in the ADF & VSA Adaptive Sporting Program.
For more information please visit the ADF Sports Cell website
- ‘It makes it easier to push through the pain,” says Warrior Games competitor’
- ‘We’re sorry, the doctor can’t see you right now. Try again after Warrior Games!’
- ‘Warrior Games competitor seeks ultimate challenge’
- ‘Sport is absolutely integral to my rehabilitation’
- ‘Wheelchair basketball saved my life’