Veteran Sport Australia is partnering with the NRL to deliver an opportunity for veterans to integrate into their communities through officiating, sport trainer roles and other opportunities.
These opportunities are open to current and former serving veterans and their families.
Through the Battlefields to Footy Fields program, veterans are trained to become accredited referees and are supported throughout their refereeing journey – from officiating local club matches to higher honours. There are also opportunities for veterans with physical impairments to join the program as mentors.
The program provides veterans with the opportunity to:
- Undertake an NRL Officiating Course with built in Vocational Education & Training components
- Initially referee rugby league matches in their local community while also providing pathways to the upper levels of officiating, including the professional ranks
- Participate in coaching and/or mentoring to undertake accreditation courses to fulfil these roles
- Become a valued team member
- Earn additional income
- Be supported through the journey by well-established officiating structures
As part of the program, the NRL provides veterans with:
- Insurance and association fees
- A mentor who will train and follow the referee as they move up the officiating rank
If you are interested in being apart of this exciting program, contact us: