|Association / Organisation||Masters Swimming Australia|
Masters Swimming Australia (MSA) manages and promotes a variety of swimming events right across Australia, designed to encourage active participation in swimming from beginner to advanced level to all individuals from the age of 18 up.
MSA provides the structure and competition around the great sport of swimming, though the following program:
- Vorgee Endurance 1000 Champion Club: If you want to be a part of a team working towards a long distance goal than this event is perfect for you. The program is designed to encourage members to swim in distances from 400m and up to one hour in duration, in the full variety of strokes. The program is structured by gender and age-groups and the swims are done over the full calendar year. As a result, a certain level of aerobic fitness needs to be maintained in order to complete the individual event requirements. Individual points are gained for the completion of each event. These combine with points gained by other club members and contribute to a total point score for each competing club. The club with the most points is declared the Vorgee Endurance 1000 Champion Club for the year. There are also awards for top male and female distances over the year period.
- Vorgee Million Metre Awards: If you are just starting out in swimming, the Vorgee Million Metre Awards acknowledge progress from the “learn to swim” beginner to the distance swimmer. These awards are intended to encourage members to strive for greater fitness and are open to all registered members of MSA.
- National Championships: This event is hosted on a rotational basis by one of the Branches across Australia each year.
- FINA World Masters Swimming Championships
- Oceania Masters Games
- Pan Pacific Masters Championships
- Australian Masters Games
- The OutGames,
- The World Gay Games
- Asia Pacific OutGames.
If a Masters swimming event sounds like the right challenge for you, get in contact with us today.