|Experience Level||Novice to Advanced|
|Association / Organisation||Rowing Australia|
Veteran Sport Australia Rowing Group
VSA has their own virtual rowing team for the Concept 2 Fall team challenge starting on September 15th through to October 15th!
If Indoor Rowing is of interest to you, join our team with fellow current and former serving Veterans by registering here.
The Team will go up against teams from all across Australia, battling it out to row the most amount of meters. So whether you are just looking to increase your physical activity or training for the Indoor Rowing Championships, this event is perfect for you.
The team name is Veteran Sport Australia – Indoor Rowing and our team Captain is Tiffany White. For more information on how to join a team and the event can be found here,
The Australian Indoor Rowing Challenges
The 2019 Australian Indoor Rowing Challenge takes on Sunday 27 October in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth, Nowra and Adelaide.
There are a variety of categories to enter for this event including;
- 500m Open, Lightweight and Para – Men’s and Women’s
- 4 minute Open, Lightweight and Para – Men’s and Women’s
- 2000m Open, Lightweight and Para – Men’s and Women’s
- 2000m Team Relay – Men’s, Women’s and Mixed
*The lightweight limits for rowers (age 19+) are: Men 75kg and Women 61.5kg
There are categories for every age starting from as young as under 14’s through to open categories of 19-29 years, 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-54 years, 55-59 years, 60-64 years, 65-69 years, 70-74 years, 75-79 years, 80-84 years, 85+ years
Para categories include;
- PR1 – U19 years, 19-49 years, 50+ years
- PR2 – U19 years, 19-49 years, 50+ years
- PR3 – U19 years, 19-49 years, 50+ years
This event is very affordable with entry fees approximately (prices will be confirmed closer to event)
- Under 19 – $20 for one race or $40 for multiple races
- Age 19+ – $30 for one race or $50 for multiple races
If this event sounds like the right challenge for you, get in contact with us today.