|Experience Level||All levels|
|Dates||18th July 2020|
|Location||Satellite City BMX Club and Howard Springs Pine Forest|
An exciting BMX and mountain biking event is coming to Darwin for veterans and their families on the morning and afternoon of Saturday, 18 July!
There’s an opportunity to get involved in a BMX session in the morning and/or a mountain biking session in the afternoon.
The event is part of an exciting partnership between Veteran Sport Australia, BMX Australia and Mountain Bike Australia.
Together, we’re encouraging veterans and their families from around the country to try out the sports and get involved with the community.
Are you a veteran? Are you interested in BMX and/or mountain biking? Is your family?
Register your interest now!
Every veteran and family member who plans to attend must be registered individually. Only people who register their interest and receive a confirmation will be able to participate on the day.
Note: if registrations for this event close and you are interested in getting involved in BMX or mountain biking, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
BMX ‘come n try’ session
Time: 9am – 12pm
Location: Satellite City BMX Club
Join us a for a group BBQ from 12pm at Satellite CIty BMX Club
Mountain Biking ‘come n try’ session
Time: 1pm – 4pm
Location: Howard Springs Pine Forest
What to bring?
- Bring bike, full face helmet, gloves, wear long pants, enclosed shoes.
- A limited supply of bikes/helmets will be available.
- Please identify your equipment needs when registering.
- Bring bike, helmet, gloves, appropriate clothing to ride a bike and enclosed shoes.
- There is no mountain biking equipment available to borrow.
COVID-19 safety principles and protocols
We request that Government guidelines and the following principles are maintained at all times so that we can continue to keep our community safe.
We encourage everyone involved in the event to download the COVIDSafe App before attending to assist with contact tracing.
- Avoid any unnecessary contact.
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between you and people who aren’t known to you.
- Minimise contact that is closer than 1.5 metres to less than 15 minutes.
- Do not attend if you have flu-like symptoms, are feeling unwell and/or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
Follow COVID-19 Hygiene Protocols:
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly, and use hand sanitiser.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and equipment that are touched by more than one person.